The kids needed to switch bedrooms so that I could move my old furniture that I had as a little girl into Addison's room. But that furniture only fits in the room that Braden currently had. To entice them into moving rooms I told them they could choose the color and theme of their new room.
Braden chose a rock n roll guitar room so I painted the walls a shimmery silver and hung music inspired pictures as well as memorabilia. The highlight of the room was the red electric guitar and the acoustic guitar, both the real thing!! Brian already had his acoustic guitar that could be used as decor but I went on Craigslist to buy the electric guitar set. I figured that it made more sense to buy the real thing than waste a similar amount of money of decorative only guitar items. His room turned out really cool and he loves it.
Addison wanted a makeup room that was bright pink. The walls are definitely a bright candy pink and I put wall decals of makeup, shoes and purses. I also used my own collection of shoes and purses to decorate the room. My old antique furniture looks beautiful in her room and I love that its getting another generation of use!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment