Friday, October 22, 2010

Dream Machines

I love to hear about my kids dreams, when they describe them with such intensity its so cute. Braden recently told me he was on a fast rocket ship with lots of stars. I asked him if he went by the moon and he very matter of factly said, no there was no moon! Addie’s dreams are a bit more jumbled up but in her mind she really knows what its about!

We recently went through a phase of bad dreams with Braden and Addie has had her fair share of it too. Braden doesn’t handle it as easily and has to be convinced of all ways to keep the bad dreams away. We have a dream catcher in his room, an assortment of bad dream stuffed animal chasers and the best trick I came up with was nightmare spray. I took a bottle of Bath and Body Works Vanilla spray and would spray his room down before he’d go to bed. It worked great but for a while there I thought we’d all die from the intense smell of vanilla on the 2nd floor. If it had gone on any longer I’d of needed to water it down. A tip for next time is start with water so he wouldn’t get hooked on the idea that the vanilla smell was what prevented bad dreams from entering. He’s doing much better with dreams, still talks incessantly about bad dreams but handles it better when we tell him he can control them and tell them to stay away!

No comments: