Saturday, October 23, 2010

Braden's Nonstop Brain and Addie the Artist

Ever since Braden started school he's had trouble going to sleep at night.  He can't seem to turn off his brain and go to sleep.  He comes out of his room to demonstrate his math skills for us.  His favorite is zero, he holds his hand open and puts a stuffed animal in it, then he takes the animal away and holds out his empty hand and says "see Mom and Dad, there's zero in my hand."  I find it really cute but it would also be nice if he'd just lay down and go to sleep.  I also catch him in his bed humming the songs they've learned and reciting the nursery rhymes.

Recently the shape of the week was crescent so he asked me to cut his sandwiches into crescents.  I'm very happy that he is embracing school 100%!

Addie has also embraced school.  She comes home singing all the songs she's learned and she amazes me with how fast she learns the words to a song!  She is also passionate about painting.  She comes home with 2-3 paintings a week along with all the same colors on her clothes, hair and skin!  She tells me about them and I write down the titles and then we display them.  She has a continuing theme of snake paintings but its entertaining to listen to her describe her painting which looks like a bunch of color streaks on paper.

No comments: