And everyone that knows Addison knows about Boogie Bunny. We started calling it that because it is a small square blanket with a bunny head. She always holds it next to her nose and rubs it while she sucks her thumb so its not usually very clean thus boogie bunny. She went through various names for it herself since she couldn't say boogie bunny and so it was booga booga, booga bunna, boogie, and a short phase of my bunny when she realized that boogie meant dirty! She was not even a year old when she became attached to boogie bunny. At that time we only had one but it soon was necessary to expand so that I could wash them. We now have a total of 4 boogies and they are all a very faded pink, pretty much gray color. The tag on each one is worn to shreds and they never smell 100% clean even after going through the laundry. We also never have all 4 boogie bunnies accounted for. At any given time I usually have one dirty one and one clean one and sometimes a third that she has left somewhere. But the fourth is usually always missing. Addison has boogie GPS, she can't tell you where boogie is but sometimes she'll come into the room and without me actually seeing her she suddenly has boogie in her hands. Today after a month of the fourth boogie missing she walks in holding a boogie and I said I need that because I'm doing laundry. She tells me its clean and I tell her I doubt it is and she tells me she put her dirty one in the laundry room. I look and yes, she's telling me the truth. So then I look in the clean laundry thinking she grabbed a boogie from the basket and there's two clean ones in the basket. Wow, its the fourth boogie magically appeared. I asked her where she found it and she tells me in the purple bucket. I ask her where that is and she says she doesn't know. So although I'll never be able to find lost boogies they ALWAYS get returned. Boogie Bunny has spent the night at Meijers, preschool, both grandparents houses, several friends houses, Jungle Java and Plum Market. Whereever we go boogie goes too!
Boogie Bunny

No comments:
Post a Comment